My suggestion for plains elves history and description

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My suggestion for plains elves history and description

Post by Leanan on Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:57 pm

Sorry this took me so long...

I've combined the existing plains elves description with the history of my characters by making 'my plainselves history' be something that happened over a thousand years ago, and the existing plains elves description to be how the elves live now. This makes sense to me, especially as Grassroot and Stonescroll have been at Crossing Paths for over a thousand years. A lot has changed.

The plains elves are descendants of Wolfriders and 'pure' elves. Originally, most of them were wolfblooded. But the amount of wolf blood was small in each elf, and as time passed, it became less and less common to have wolf friends. Eventually, a majority of the plains elves decided to give up their wolfblood in exchange of a chance to live longer, and healers were eager to oblige this request. It is unknown if any wolf-blooded plains elves still exist.

The plains elves were nomadic and travelled in small family groups, following the seasonal movements of animal herds. Occasionally these groups would meet for trading and sharing, and elves might leave one group and join another due to Recognition, falling in love, or simply because they were bored with the group they were with. Groups might merge into each other, or be split if there was an argument or the food supply was scarce. No chiefs or leaders were needed, but the advice of the oldest tribemates was respected - usually.

(In the following, I have put the existing description by Admin in blue text, as quotes would have been too cumbersome)

The Plainelfes are still nomadic. But these days, they travel three seasons a year after the great goatlike animals, they use huts which can be set up and taken a part easily.They don't tend to the animals, only follow them to hunt them when needed. They use bolas and short spears, which they can throw with great force.
At close range they use small swords or knife-like weapons.

Some of these elfes have bonded with jackals, but that is very rare. Though after bonding together the jackal will defend his elffriend with his life if needed!

To increase their survival the Plainelfes travel in small groups, but they always come together in the 'ColdWhite' (winter).
During the 'Newleaf' (Spring) and the 'HighSun' (Summer) they live outside, without their huts, as much as possible so they can look at the stars as much as they want. Because, although the memory of their ancestors' travels among the stars has faded, they still wish to learn as much about the stars as possible!
In the 'Leaffall' (Fall) the Plainelfes start to gather and plan huntingparties together to hunt the goatlike animals they had followed all year. Also they garher as much other food as possible, like nuts, grain and herbs.
They stay together as long as the ColdWhite lasts. They tie their huts together to create a large hut. It contains a central space for the different families to meet each other, but when they need privacy they can seclude themselves to their own huts!
And, eventhough they think of themselves as a large tribe, they prefer to be in small groups when Newleaf starts again.

Unlike Wolfriders, Plainelfes use fire for cooking their meals.
They have found a stone which helps them create fire, although they will eat raw meat when they aren't able to make a fire.

Humans are no threat to them and usually they avoid each other. At one time humans sought refuge in their camp in a blizzard. They were welcome to stay untill the blizzard was over and even were given food for save journey.
Unfortunatly some have been captured by humans and even killed, but that was a long time ago.

During hot weather the elfes wear nothing other then undergarment, women wear a small top and a small skirt, loincloth or short pants. The men usually wear only a loincloth. When the weather is getting colder again, they start to wear clothes lined with fur, hars and warm boots.

When they are together in the WhiteCold a coucil of the elders is formed to keep things peacefull. This position is at own free will. It could bevthat one year the council consists of 4 members, but the next of 10 members. When they split up again, they usually follow the strongest of their group.

The place known as Crossing Paths has long been known to the Plains Elves. It is a good place for fishing and hunting, often visited by the southernmost groups. It gained a special meaning when two plains youngsters, Stonetouch (now known as Stonescroll) and Grassroot left their kin to go find the Palace of the High Ones. Grassroot's magic feeling led them to Crossing Paths, where they found traces of the Palace's magic. They decided to stay there and learn all they could. Others of their kin soon joined them there, forming a small community. When Stonetouch became Stonescroll and began to follow his vision to open the mysteries of life, the place became special to the plains elves. Many travel there just to look at the visions of the Stone Scroll. There are always some plains elves dwelling there, who make sure Stonescroll and Grassroot have food and whatever they need. Because of the restless nature of the plains elves, most do not stay there very long, and all still feel they are nomads at heart.

Last edited by Leanan on Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Re: My suggestion for plains elves history and description

Post by Admin on Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:49 am

Thank you!
Just 2 question. In the black you say they were nomadic and in the blue they still are.
And could you think of a history as to why they came to Crossing Paths? We have the "general history" and the Crossing Paths history (from the moment they first set for on CP)

I think the name suits us pretty well btw!! Plainelfes crossing paths with each other and now with new elfes!!!

Admin
Admin

http://crossingpathsholt.actieforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan on Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:15 pm

I put in 'still are' because they're not entirely nomadic anymore. It does say they stay in one place for the coldwhite season.

I'll add some description on how they came to Crossing Paths. It will be in black, at the end.
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:07 pm

Ah! I understand!
If you post it here, I will update the history once you are finished with it Wink

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan on Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:10 pm

I think it is finished. Let me know if it needs something more. Smile
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:15 pm

Oh... didn't see the last bit.

Read it and love it!
Maybe we could add events to the general timeline or the timeline for the Plainelfes? Ofcourse we still need to see which path we will follow, but that could be added later on!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan on Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:16 pm

Sounds good to me. Very Happy
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content