The Journey to Crossing Paths Holt (Siwan, ShineBright, Marden and who wants to join! )

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Journey to Crossing Paths Holt (Siwan, ShineBright, Marden and who wants to join! )

Post by Gerlin on Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:50 pm

"Let's hope so. They were delicious when I picked them.", Marden said putting the open pouch with the brambles between the two elfess and himself, so that it was within reach for all.

Marden took a piece of the ravvit and put it in the bowl. " My thanks", he said with a small nod. He took some brambles and placed them too in the bowl.

"Ah humans, them I have also met. I tend to keep out of their way... Too bad they don't seem to be very fond of us." He looked at ShineBright, understanding in his eyes. "You care much", he said, "I like to think that, even if your mind doesn't remember someone, your heart always will."

He looked at his bowl. "It's made of wood by a beloved friend, as a parting gift. I hope to see him and his kin again one day,"

Gerlin

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey to Crossing Paths Holt (Siwan, ShineBright, Marden and who wants to join! )

Post by Siwan on Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:58 pm

"I'm sure they will.." Siwan smiled and took a bramble from the pouch and ate it. "Delicious." She smiled as she listened.

"Not all humans like us.. but there are some that try." Siwan smiled as she thought back on one human.

She looked at the bowl Marden had put the meat and brambles in. "That is a nice gesture.." She said and smiled.

Siwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerlin on Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:47 pm

"It really was", Marden said with a smile, "Korin poured all his heart into making this. He is very talented."

He was surprised hearing about humans trying to get aling with elves. "It is good to hear that about humans. One does not hear often good things about them." He took a bite of his piece of ravvit, enjoying the taste. "Did experience this yourself?", Marden enquired.

Gerlin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineBright on Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:04 am

ShineBright's memory was triggered.
"I remember living with humans for a while. They were mostly kind to me, some even... worshipped me, but I never liked that, we are no better or worse then humans... some hated me for being me, a stranger, not a human. After a tragic event I left the humans and two travelled with me untill their death...."
Eventhough the memory of their death was a painfull one, she was glad Marden was right. She still could remember them. A thoughtfull smile was on her face.

"Your friend was thoughtfull indeed! Treeshaping is a thankfull magic to have. Using living things to create something, which can grow after you have finished. Hmmm... once we find outpr end journey I will enjoy putting my magic into use, besides just making a shelter for the night...." ShineBright believed in using magic for the benefit of the tribe, not just random ornaments, although she would add it if wanted!

"We were ready to travel up north, to see what or who is calling us for help. We hope to find more elves there or a new home for us!"
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Post by Siwan on Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:15 am

Siwan smiled and nodded. She spoke after ShineBright. "We are indeed no better or worse than humans." She placed her hand upon ShineBright's shoulder and gently squeezed it.

"I have only experienced this with one human. I had found him and his no-hump. He was gravely injured and I secretly healed him." Siwan said as faintly smiled. "I am glad I did so.. he turned out to be a great young human.. and a good father."

Siwan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineBright on Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:53 pm

ShineBright nodded.
Although they haven't been soulsisters for long, many things from the past had been shared. She only wishes that she had forgotten less then what she still knew.

"We are travelling up north as I said, you are welcome to travel with us if you want?"
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerlin on Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:33 pm

Marden had listen to their stories with rapt attention. The piece of ravvit grew cold in his hands, without him noticing it. Finally he nodded. "You're stories are fascinating!", he said, at last taking a bit of the cold ravvit. "Perhaps some other time you van tell me about it with more detail. I understand these memories are too dear to your hearts to share with someone you have just met."

Marden had finished his food now and cleaned his bowl with some grass and a dash of water. "If there's a brook nearby I can wash all of our things in the morning.", he offered.

He tucked away his bowl in his bag and now took a leather bundle that had been tied to his bag. A lute came out of it and as Marden gently plucked it, tuning the instrument, he looked at the two elves with a smile. "Thank you for your kind invitation, I gladly accept it. I too, heard the calling and was traveling north. Perhaps to help, if help will be needed."

Gerlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Siwan on Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:39 pm

Siwan smiled tenderly as she thought back of him. "They are a good reminder.." Siwan smiled softly and said. "I don't mind speaking of them, but yes, when there is more time later.." She got up and moved herself back to the skins.

"I still have some work to do." She set herself down again and took her sharp stone. She noticed the lute and looked at Marden. "What's that?" She raised her brow.

Siwan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineBright on Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:13 am

ShineBright giggled!
"Oh sister, lower your bow! That is no weapon! It creates music. None like you have heard before. It can calm you or even makes you want to dance!" She hoped for a calming song, because much work needed to be done today.

"There is a creek close by, but we might be leaving tonight already. We travel during the night and rest during daylight...." It was to avoid humans, but also because she liked to travel at night. It was in her blood, so to speak.
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerlin on Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:47 am

"Then I will set straight to work", Marden decided, putting aside his lute, "If there is work to be done, I shouldn't be playing. What can I clean for you?" He hesitated. "I must admit that I am not used to traveling in the dark of night. Perhaps I will be a burden to you.."

Gerlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Siwan on Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:10 am

"Not at all.." Siwan shook her head. "I have nothing that needs cleaning.." She said and she took the skin off of the wood.

She placed it on the first one that she cleaned and grabbed the last one and tied it down. "

Siwan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineBright on Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:15 pm

"Me neither." ShineBright said while whipping her eatingknife.

"I just need to pack my belongings and see if we haven't forgotten anything. I hate leaving things behind, eventhough I could replace them with ease..."
Her thoughts went to her healingbag with all her herbs and medicine. It was old and it should be replaced, but she couldn't throw it away, it was made specially for her.

Suddenly she jumped up. She had to do something, anything...
"I will prepare now if you don't mind.... we can talk once we are on the road, is that ok?"
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerlin on Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:46 pm

"Alright", Marden said, standing up, "If you don't think I'll be a burden, I'll prepare to leave with you." He walked away to wash his bowl. He always tried to take good care of his belongings.

Gerlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Siwan on Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:38 pm

"Alright." Siwan said to ShineBright as she jumped up to do something. "
"You aren't.." She smiled gently, looking over her shoulder and nodded as he walked off.

She finished cleaning the skin and took it from the wood. She placed iton the other two and put her sharp stone back in her pouch. She got up, took the skins with her and headed towards the den that she and ShineBright had stayed the night to put them in her bag.

Siwan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineBright on Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:45 pm

The meat was drying and if she would put it over the smoldering fire it would give it a nice smokey taste and the drying would go faster...

"We would love for you to join us! Meeting new people is one of the reasons why we travel!" ShineBright smiled. "Could you help me set this rack above the pit? The strips may be ready by the time we will leave."

**Sister, I think he will be a good travel companion! Can't wait to hear his life's story!** ShineBright watched him walk to the creek.
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Post by Siwan on Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:00 pm

"Of course." Siwan said as she stepped out of the den and walked over to ShineBright. She picked up one side and helped ShineBright.

*I believe so too.* Siwan smiled as she went to the den and brought out her bag. She brought it over to the fire and sat down beside it. She took several leather straps and tied the wood she used to clean the skin to her bag.

"When is it that you wish to leave?" Siwan looked at her sister and tilted her head.

Siwan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineBright on Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:27 pm

"We need to dry this meat first. By the looks of it I think it won't be dry enough before the moons are at their highest point. We can ask Marden when he returns if he wishes to sleep first?" ShineBright rather traveled during the nighttime, but maybe he had traveled a long time and might needed the rest.

"What do you think? Shall we start the journey to whoever is calling for help by the daybreak? We can pack most now and only pack our furs then." She would guard the meat, because scavenders were all around, specially by night. And she liked looking at the stars.
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Post by Siwan on Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:31 pm

"I am fine with both, but yes, I think Marden might need to sleep, we will ask when he returns." She smiled and nodded. "I have no problem with walking through the night, though we do not know what kind of hunters hunt these woods at night."

Siwan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineBright on Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:53 pm

ShineBright had heard wolves closeby, the thought of a new wolffriend still brought back memories of her last Wolffriend, Fastpace, but maybe soon she would be ready for it.

"Yes, I heard wolves and I think Foxes too! So, that is settled then! If Marden won't mind, we will leave at daybreak." She was planning their last meal already. She loved to cook, specially for her sister. And now a new elf.

"What do you think of my sweet bread? I still have some grain left, I could bake a few. And they are great for travelfood..."
More came to mind, but they should pack light and if they were lucky they would find food on their way. Sweetroot, berries and beesweets!
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Post by Siwan on Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:11 am

Siwan smiled and nodded. "Fine by me." She plopped herself down on the grass and looked up at the sky.

"Hmnn.." Siwan mused and rubbed her stomach which suddenly growled. "You still need to ask that?" Siwan looked at ShineBright upside down and chuckled. "You know I love your sweet bread sister. I would eat it all day if I could!"

Siwan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineBright on Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:45 am

She smiled and walked to the den to get her grainder and the grain she had. She wanted to add some of the nuts she still had and a few bearberries. The brambles Marden had brought with him woild taste great as well, but she would ask him another time.

Before she started ShineBright searched for a large flat stone to put in the fire, she would use it to bake her bread on. And fetched some water.
Soon the air was filled with a delightfull smell.
"Mmmmm, they smell good! Here try one for me, see if it needs something!" ShineBright giggled, she knew the bread was delicious when it just came of the stone.
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Post by Siwan on Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:24 pm

As soon as the air starting smelling like the bread ShineBright had made, Siwan's stomach growled more.

"I wouldn't say no to that." She grinned and pushed herself up quickly. She grabbed one from off the stone and gasped, throwing it up in the air. "Hot hot hot hot.." She kept it in the air by using both her hands gritted her teeth.

Siwan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineBright on Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:05 pm

"Be Carefull!! You know they are hot!" At first ShineBright was shocked, but as she watched her sister juggle the small bread, she couldn't help but giggle.
"Are you alright? Burns can be very painfull."
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Post by Siwan on Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:10 pm

Siwan dropped the bread on her lap and blew on her fingertops. She narrowed her eyes but could not hide her smile from her sister when she heard her giggle. "That funny to see your sister burn herself, hmmn?"

She raised her brow and moved her hands closer to one another and healed them slowly.

Siwan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineBright on Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:49 pm

"I knew I didn't have to worry as much as I did... see, you already healed yourself!" ShineBright saw a little glow between Siwan's hands.
"I will make a few more. These small bread don't weight that much. And dried meat won't take up much space." ShineBright's mind was with the journey ahead, when the cry suddenly was a bit louder again..

"I wonder how far we must travel to see who needs help!"
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum