The Journey to Crossing Paths Holt (Siwan, ShineBright, Marden and who wants to join! )

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Journey to Crossing Paths Holt (Siwan, ShineBright, Marden and who wants to join! )

Post by ShineBright on Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:40 pm

ShineBright was trying to wake up, it had been early in the morning before she fell asleep. A strange feeling had come over her, as if someone was in need of help.
She wanted to wake Siwan, but was relectant. First she needed to figure out if it was just a feeling or something real!
**Who are you? Do you need our help?** She sended in the hope someone would answer....

Last edited by ShineBright on Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey to Crossing Paths Holt (Siwan, ShineBright, Marden and who wants to join! )

Post by Siwan on Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:49 pm

Siwan groaned and sat up as she had felt some sort of sending go through her.
She rubbed her eyes and found ShineBright already up. "Sister.. What is it?" She frowned a bit as she looked at her. "Did you hear a cry as well?"

Siwan

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey to Crossing Paths Holt (Siwan, ShineBright, Marden and who wants to join! )

Post by ShineBright on Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:02 am

"Yes. I think someone is in trouble, but the sending is too mingled. Too troubled, I can't seem to make contact!" ShineBright looked at her sister in all but blood.
"If only I could hear one voice..."
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Post by Siwan on Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:08 am

"Hmn." Siwan touched her temple. "I couldn't either.." She looked at her sister and took her leathers and started putting them on.
"Perhaps it is this place.." She spoke softly as she got up when she was dressed. "Shall we go out and see?"

Siwan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineBright on Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:30 am

This place.... yes that was possible. It could just be an imprint of something long ago!
"You are right! I am starting to get hungry..." ShineBright said with a smile as she looked around in search for her leathers. Where did she put them?
"I can't find my leathers, do you remember where they are?"
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Post by Siwan on Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:33 am

Siwan smiled warmly. "Hmn.." She mused as she looked around. She lifted her furs and chuckled softly. "I was keeping them safe while I slept it seems" She grabbed them and handed them to ShineBright.
"Shall we hunt and then return for our things before continueing our way?"

Siwan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineBright on Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:49 am

The thought of a fresh kill made her belly rumble loud!
"Me and my belly agree to that plan!"
And with half of her leathers on she stepped outside. "I can hunt better on bare feet and I only need my skirt and top! The rest gets in the way!" ShineBright explained.
Before they left ShineBright washed her face with a little water from a nearby creek. It was fresh and made her fully awake.
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Post by Siwan on Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:53 am

Siwan smiled and followed ShineBright outside, taking her bow along. "I can always make you more comfortable leathers, just ask." Siwan smiled as she watched her for a moment before stretching herself and taking in the fresh air.

Siwan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineBright on Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:04 am

"Hmmm, you keep saying that! Maybe when we get to a place where we can stay longer! For now these will do!" ShineBright looked around. **Where do you want to go? I know I have seen some ravvits in tgat direction yesterday!**
She locksent to keep out the cry. It lingered at the edge of her mind.
It was distracting her!
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Post by Siwan on Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:22 am

"Fine." Siwan chuckled and nodded. 'A place where we can stay longer.' Siwan smiled at the thought and listened to ShineBright.
**Let us follow that direction then, who knows they might be coser then we think." Siwan looked around. **I will climb the trees to gain some height so they won't catch my scent.**

Siwan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineBright on Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:00 am

ShineBright suddenly stopped and hugged her sister. "Wouldn't it be great to have other elfes around us again? I love the travelling and I will continue doing so, but it would be nice to have a place to return to!"

ShineBright thought of all the time that had passed since she left her birthtribe and when she found her soulsister. How long had passed she didn't know, but she knew she was older then most elfes she had met. She even remembered the Firstcomers, the ones who got trapped on this world, for most a mere legend....

"I wonder who we will find if we decide to trace back the cry! But first I need food! Look, some berries, they will go nicely with meat or in a tea!"

She slightly shook her head to chase away her thought.
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Post by Siwan on Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:08 pm

Siwan smiled as her sister hugged and returned the hug. "It would be." Siwan spoke softly. "The question just is.. will we find any?" She looked at ShineBright and gently patted her shoulder.

It had been quite a while since they had seen other elves. But Siwan did not keep track on how long ago it was.

"Yes.." Sowan smiled as ShineBright noticed the berries. Siwan walked over to them and plucked one from the bush. She squashed it in between her fingers and smelled it. "Hmn. It has a strange smell to it, sister. I doubt we can simply eat them like this."
She reached out her hand to ShineBright so she could smell them. "They could give a nice color to leathers I think."

Siwan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineBright on Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:19 pm

Siwan was right. "I think we must pluck a few and test them today. After the hunt we might have some leathers to color and see how it ends up!"
Now ShineBright wanted to find a good ravvit, those skins were easy to prepare, because of the size.

"Look! This way!" She softly walked through the forest, only a skilled hunter would hear her.
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Post by Siwan on Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:56 pm

Siwan smiled and nodded in agreement. "Yes that's a good idea." They left the berries for now as the continued their way.

She followed ShineBright and looked down at the grass for tracks. "This way.." Siwan leaned down and pointed up ahead and showed Shinebright the few tracks that she saw. "They may be older though."

Siwan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineBright on Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:22 am

"They look old, yes, maybe yesterday or the day before.... Let's follow them, maybe it brings us to their lair!" ShineBright still had no shoes on, it made her "glide" through the forest.
She resisted the urge to shapechange, it had been a long time ago since she had done a full change....

*Could you lead they way? I can see the tracks, but they are very faint to my...*
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Post by Siwan on Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:14 pm

*I shall..* Siwan smiled and walked up ahead. She looked down at the grass and found more tracks. *This way.* She sent to her sister as she walked up ahead.

She held her bow ready in her arms as she walked further. *I think there is more than one ravvit here..* She showed the tracks and looked at ShineBright. *I think they go this way..* Siwan followed the tracks as they walked up to a more open area.

Siwan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineBright on Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:47 pm

*Yes! I think we will have a good meal today! Even have some hides to test those berries on.*
ShineBright felt a tingling again, it was as if others needed her, but they were too far to be sure! She wondered if her sister felt the same, but for now she concentrated on the hunt.

*There! You see them?* In a clearing up ahead were a family of ravvits, they would be an easy kill, but they only needed two or three of them. There was no need to kill them all.
She took out her slingshot and grabbed two pebbles. *I am ready when you are!*
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Post by Siwan on Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:55 pm

*Yes* Siwan smiled at her sister's words on the hides. Her mind was set on tracking down the ravvits that she didn't think of anything else.

Siwan spotted them and nodded. *Yes, I see them.* She took an arrow and armed her bow. *I'll take the left one.* She narrowed her eyes as she followed the arrow down to it's tip and aimed on it. *Ready... Now*

Siwan bit on her lower lip as she fired the arrow straight at the ravvit.

Siwan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineBright on Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:09 pm

ShineBright followed quickly. Her aim was as true as her sister's.
She slung the slingshot above her head, bringing it down to release one pebble, then dropping the next pebble in the pouch to repeat the movement.
Even before the pebbles hit the ravvits she knew she had succesed. Two small 'plops' confirmed what she knew and shortly after three ravvits layed on the ground. The others run into their holes and hid.

"This is great! See how fat they are! We even have enough fat to use on the hides and make them soft! Hmmm, two males and one female. Not bad!"
ShineBright always checked to see if she didn't killed too many females.

"Thank you for giving your life to feed us, little forestfriends!" It was something her father had teached her to do and she honored him by doing it still.
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Post by Siwan on Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:25 pm

Siwan smiled as she saw the ravvits fall down to the ground. "Yes, it'll be perfect to t test those berries on as well."

She smiled as she heard ShineBright thanking the animals. She had grown to appreciate that of her sister. She gently placed her hand upon that she shot with her arrow and with one swift move she removed the arrow from the ravvit.

"We should keep this one for later and dry its meat for our journey onwards." Siwan looked at ShineBright and smiled gently. "More fat that we can use for the leathers."

Siwan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineBright on Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:54 pm

"Good thinking! I saw some great herbs to add to the fire. It will give the meat a great taste! I need to check my medicines and maybe refill some."

ShineBright was always eager to travel again, specially when she knew other elfes might be at the end of their journey! Not that she didn't liked to be alone with her sister, but seeing new faces always sparkled new flames and adventures!

"I have been thinking. The faint sending we felt, it has been gnawing on my mind. I think we must find out where it is coming from. Who knows who we might find!" She didn't told her that there was something familiar to the sending, not a lot, but something. As if it was someone she had met in a very distant past!

As they walked back to their camp, ShineBright looked around and saw some delicious plants to go with the ravvits. Now her belly really started to protest!
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Post by Siwan on Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:03 pm

Siwan smiled and nodded in agreement. They walked back together and Siwan listened to ShineBright.

"Yes it has crossed my mind as well. It would make our journey more worthwhile." She smiled. "That cry we heard.. I.. don't know about it.." Siwan shook her head.

"I will skin these, perhaps you could already gather the herbs you need and herbs to go with these?" Siwan raised her eyebrow as she looked at ShineBright.

Last edited by Siwan on Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Siwan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineBright on Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:24 pm

"Thank you sister! You know me only too well! I will check my medicinebag and see what I can find. We can dry them at the same time as the ravvit!" She kissed her sister on her hair. She had been so lucky to find her!

ShineBright remembered how shocked she was when she heard Siwan's soulname singing in her head. It had not been recognition, but it had felt like a missing piece was finally found!
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Post by Siwan on Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:56 am

Siwan chuckled and smiled as ShineBright kissed her hair. She looked at her and smiled warmly. "As you know me, sweet sister." She put the ravvit down on the ground as well her bow and quiver.

"I'll go gather some wood for the fire, if you could keep an eye on the ravvits?"

Siwan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineBright on Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:17 am

ShineBright took out her medicinebag, it was filled with all kinds of small pouches of different colors and with different strings. In each pouch there was a different herb, she knew which was in which by the color and smell. She noticed she needed more whitebark, it was good for numbing pain, and some goldflower, this flower had the strength to put people asleep so they would heal faster.
It looked like the rest was all there! Even her most strong medecine, the root of the blossomtree, this one could kill if not used proper! She kept it in a dark red pouch, with triple strings and knotches.

"I will wait here and prepare them." She took one in her hand and started cutting it's juminglegs from one side to the other, this way she could skin it in one pull. Next she cut open it's belly and removed the intestines, some she would eat, others she could use for different purposes. She devided them into two bowls, eatable and not....

"You will taste great! With only a few nice herbs and some berries!" ShineBright smiled and started on the next.
The third she prepared the same way, but slice it into smaller pieces to dry over the fire.

Last edited by ShineBright on Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum