I mixed the original history and Leanan's Holt history and...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I mixed the original history and Leanan's Holt history and...

Post by ShineBright on Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:05 pm

As the admin suggested I came up with a history of the Holt too.
It is only a suggestion and I would love to know what you really think!!!

I took the history of EQ and Leanan's history and mixed it up a little!
I got caught up in the moment and well.... here it is!!
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Re: I mixed the original history and Leanan's Holt history and...

Post by ShineBright on Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:05 pm

Once they were called Coneheads, but after eons of travelling they had forgotten the name.
They had become immortal and the name simply didn't matter anymore.
Their world was dying when they chose to travel amongst the stars, taking only two small animalspecies with them, the only animals left on their world, and started searching for new worlds to call home.
Once they travelled in groups of travelpods, but now they were alone, looking for their kin they stopped at every new livable world, but found no one.....

A long time passed, longer them they could remember. Under the influence of the magic of the Coneheads and their vessel the animals evolved, changed into sentient beings and became immortal as well.
All was well, at least that was what the Coneheads were thinking..... untill one faithfull day...

Betrayal, confusion and shock, that is what they felt.

In one split second their world had turned upside down.
Only a few days ago they had landed on a young world with two moons. The creatures inhabating this world looked so simular to them, yet so different.
They only lived for a very short time and were called humans.

They decided to stay for a while, but not too long, because this young world was effecting their magic, blocked it somehow.
They changed their travelpod into one of the buildings they had seen across the lands, the humans called it a palace and set it down on a remote piece of land, away from the humans, but close enough to visit them and to learn from them.
They shapechanged themselves to match the legends they had heard of, humans called them elves, and visited the humans. Others like them had lived there, but it had been a long time since the humans had seen them.
It became harder and harder for the Coneheads to return to their original form and use their magic, it was time to leave again!

But in one unorganized moment, the little apelike-helpers  they had taken with them from their dying world, betrayed them! Slayed the ones responsable for time and direction, who, in their desperate moment to prevent disaster, made the unthinkable happen.
The Palace shook uncontroled, shook the ground it stood on and trembled.
Then....nothing...

Still trying to figure what had happend, the elves gathered and walked to the entrance. What would they find?
The elves found themselfes in another time. The Palace had taken them 20,000 years back in time! The world was harsh and didn't let them use their magic to their full potential. They couldn't restore the Palace, couldn't return to the right time, their right form, they were stranded!

They went outside to meet this young world again, only to find the early humans..... agressive, untrusting and feeling threatned by the new arrivals.
One friendly, one hostile, what would happen?

The immortal elves could never have guessed what would happen next....
One blow to the head and a life was taken, an immortal life simply ended right then and there....

They fled to all directions, fled away from their home, from the danger and death.

Several attempts were made to enter the Palace again, but it wasn't untill many winters had come and gone untill a small group was succesfull, but the group was too small.... only 5 of them had stayed to try again, when once there were eight eights times eight had lived and guided their vessel.
Their magic wasn't strong enough to leave the world again, but they were able to take it to safety. They took the Palace and hide it in the mountains up north, mountains covered with snow all of the seasons. No human would venture there!!

The Elves that stayed behind learned immortality was no guaranty for a long life, in their attempt to survive they learned new ways, new meanings of living.

The Palace was gone, but it had stayed in one place long enough to leave a trace of magic in the ground. The trace of magic called the descendants of the first Elves, who had named them High Ones, to this place, some stayed, many left.

Untill one day!
The ground shook again, if you were close to the magical ground you could not blink with your eyes or you would have missed it! In just one brief moment the Palace was there again and gone the next moment. But it was enough!
Where there was once only a wisper of magic, there was now a scream of magic!
But with it was a cry, a cry for help, a cry from another time.....

Last edited by ShineBright on Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerlin on Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:26 pm

Hm... I like it! I could certainly work with this history for the holt.

If we've decided on a history, we should perhaps also think about who came to this place first?

Gerlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan on Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:44 pm

This could work!
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineBright on Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:59 pm

I am glad you like it Leanan!
I must confess that I was a little reluctant to post this.....

I wanted to add the Plainelfes (Plainrunners?????) in this piece!

The Palace was gone, but it had stayed in one place long enough to leave a trace of magic in the ground. The trace of magic called the descendants of the first Elfes, who had named them High Ones, to this place, some stayed, many left. One group stayed, they went by the tribe's name Plain Runners. Lead by the magic feeling of one elf who felt an urge to learn from the Scrolls of the High Ones. But when they arrived, they learned that the Palace had left a long time ago.
Unlike other elfes Stonescroll and Grassroot decided to stay and welcomed whoever wanted to stay with them."

Maybe it needs some tweaking....don't know yet...

We could make the time between arrival and the cry as long or short as you like...?
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineBright on Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:11 pm

Made a quick sketch for the Holt....
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterfall on Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:39 pm

This is an interesting start! So basically we're starting our RP when (more or less) everyone is arriving at the Holt for the first time? I think it would be fun to play through the introductions that way. Smile
Waterfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:48 pm

Yes, that is the general idea, some elfes are here already, but I created a section outside of the Holt for RP's to start when they first hear/ feel the call/cry!

Admin
Admin

http://crossingpathsholt.actieforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fefe4WS4DS4FB on Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:46 am

I like it only Wendy calls the High Ones the Nameless ones, only in the group did a fan call them Cone heads and it is not cool or pretty ot me. I can't say for sure but Wendy did not seem to like her art being called that either. Maybe I am just too hung up on how awesome her art is, possible.

Not to be  ajerk on this either but it bugs me since I am dyslexic, I spell check every thing I write and I write a lot. (Yes, I know Elfies is not a word and I use it as a cute spelling for siliness, but neither is elfes a word. Elfess is a female elf.
Elves is the plearl of more than one elf.

I know in some RL parts of our RL world ppl spell words diff.
It strikes me to focus at the word elfes every time I see it though and I see it a lot. ~^__^~ Just saying.

Is it being spelled that way for fun or ya just did not know? I do not punctuate well and my spell check works overtime so, I am not one to talk. Really, I'm not.
Elfes, I keep reading this spelling and it stands out to me as to what is being meant. My mind thinks first a misspelling of Elfess but then I see each time it is used as a plural of more than one elf.

Just thought I'd mention that before we open to the public.
Otherwise, I am good with this story and open to changes if they are made. ^___~ wink, Thanks!

Fefe4WS4DS4FB

Location : In cheshirecat's dreams or sometimes, Atlanta, N-Ga, USA

http://lilbluspiderbohemian.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineBright on Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:15 pm

Ok... well, English isn't my language and I am dyslexic too, so if I make mistakes please tell me.
I was confussed for a bit, because I couldn't remember me usinf elfes for a female elf.

I used the word Coneheads, because this is how the Pini's have called them! And it is used in general to point out that you talk about the elfes before they shapechanged themselfes.

I am glad you liked it, because I tried to use all ideas that were said.
We just need to decide....
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Post by Fefe4WS4DS4FB on Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:29 pm

ShineBright wrote:Ok... well, English isn't my language and I am dyslexic too, so if I make mistakes please tell me.
I was confussed for a bit, because I couldn't remember me usinf elfes for a female elf.

I used the word Coneheads, because this is how the Pini's have called them! And it is used in general to point out that you talk about the elfes before they shapechanged themselfes.

I am glad you liked it, because I tried to use all ideas that were said.
We just need to decide....

I know ppl from all over are in this group and being from diff regions we each have a way to spell a word that others are not used to reading. No problem. Also, not just in your written words above by other members too in this forum and in the FB group I keep reading the use of the plural of "Elf" spelled Efles.
That is just not a word on this sie of the Atlantic Pond, heh.

Here we should be spelling (more than one elf) as Elves.

And the Elf Lass or Maiden would also be called a Elfess.

That is what I meant. Sorry for any missing the mark before. I don't always convey what I am intending to as I think I did not word it right before, sorry about that. My bad. I will did better this time, I hope.

Fefe4WS4DS4FB

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineBright on Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:32 pm

That is ok!
I used to write elves, but most I know write elfes, so I took it. Wink
I think both are good and can be used here. It is just a matter of preference I guess.
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Post by Fefe4WS4DS4FB on Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:42 am

Yes, I was just wondering as it catches my attention. It's fine, I just thought I was loosing my mind was all and now it is confirmed by you Iwas not, hehe, thank you for letting me know it was just a fun fan spelling. ^___^ I write Elfies often, so I get it. I just was confused thinking I was spelling it wrong maybe er something. No problem. Yes, just a pref.

Fefe4WS4DS4FB

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterfall on Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:18 pm

ShineBright wrote:I used to write elves, but most I know write elfes, so I took it. Wink

That's really interesting! I've seen elves and I think I've seen elfs, too, but never elfes. Very Happy
Waterfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum