My suggestion for Holt history

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My suggestion for Holt history

Post by Leanan on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:25 pm

I have been requested by admin to post my suggestion for the Holt history to make it clear what I have in my head. Please note that this is just one person's vision, not official history for our roleplay (at least, not until it has been discussed and approved).

Hundreds of years ago, the Palace of the High Ones stayed in one place for a long time. This was at certain location between two continents and two oceans - a narrow isthmus of land. The power of the Palace and those dwelling there was immense, and it left behind traces, in the stone, in the ground, in all of its surroundings.

Certain elves in each tribe, all around the world, were sensitive to this magic. They could sense where the Palace was. Most of them did not know what they were sensing, but some did. Some of them (not only those who knew what the Palace was, but many who did not know, also) set out to travel, alone or with companions, to reach the source of this magic, and some doubtlessly did reach it, before it left the world entirely, but no word of them ever returned to their peoples.

Because the magic had flowed from the Palace so freely, it remained in the place where the Palace had been. And it still caused a pull, a lesser one, that elves could feel. More travellers set forth to reach the Palace. When they arrived they found it gone, and while some returned to their original tribes or continued wandering, many stayed to form a community, either to wait for the return of the Palace, or just because they liked the location - or perhaps they liked someone they'd met there.

Many who did not feel the pull had heard stories of it, enough to lure them to go and see for themselves.

The location - 'Crossing Paths' was also a natural route for anyone who wanted to go from one continent to the other, or from one sea to another. So elves also arrived there just to pass by. Some of these elves also decided to stay there. It was a beautiful place, the elves there came from a wide variety of tribes, there was plenty to eat whether one hunted, fished, or grew plants in a garden.

The pull left behind the Palace can still be felt, so more elves are arriving all the time.

Because the elves come from different backgrounds, some like to dwell in tree dens, some in cave dens, some in huts and so on.

Last edited by Leanan on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:41 pm; edited 4 times in total
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Re: My suggestion for Holt history

Post by Leanan on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:31 pm

(How far the dwellings of each type are from each other can be altered... I made them distant on the map but that is easy to change.)

(Also I have not thought whether there is one elf who is leader of all these elves, or who that might be)
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineBright on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:55 pm

Ok! Thank you for posting this!
It is making more sense to me now, lol.

I do like it that the Palace has been at Crossing Paths and left a trace of it's magic. It might trigger young elfes magic inside them? Or make the excisting magic stronger?

Still I am hung up on the WoTM, but that is me.
Just a thought.... why not create the history as we play? I mean your elfes could have been the closest and met with the elfes who were left behind.
Then others (mine and the other members' characters) could arrive, starting the story of this holt....?

You mind if I took your history and added some of my ideas, so you can read it?
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan on Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:01 pm

Interesting... but this history is hundreds of years... and for those who arrive later, how long would they have to wait for us to play out the first parts? Even a roleplay thread that takes up one day in the elves' lives can take months to play out on a forum.
Nevermind, I read your post again. Embarassed

@ShineBright wrote:

You mind if I took your history and added some of my ideas, so you can read it?
Sure. Maybe make it a different topic?
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineBright on Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:19 pm

I will!!
Hopefully the others will join and help figure this out so we can start RPing Wink
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Post by Fefe4WS4DS4FB on Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:45 pm

Awesome! This is fun! : D

Fefe4WS4DS4FB

Location : In cheshirecat's dreams or sometimes, Atlanta, N-Ga, USA

http://lilbluspiderbohemian.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:50 pm

Here is the map belonging Leanan made!