How many tribes can this Holt hold?

We have:
The Bearriders
The Plainelfes
The Spotted Paws Pride
The Wavedancers
The Wolfriders

Gerlin's character Frost is Go-Back.
All the tribes need a place of their own, so that is the 6th tribe. And we have the elfes who don't belong to a tribe, the Loners....

Is there enough "room" for more tribes?

Admin
Admin

http://crossingpathsholt.actieforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: How many tribes??

Post by Gerlin on Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:08 pm

But do we really need different tribes? For the Sea Elves it is indeed logical to stay close to the sea, but others can easily mingle and live wherever they like, I think, and perhaps live together as one group. There are just a few elves from each background, so it seems to me that it would be more beneficial for all to stick together.

Gerlin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineBright on Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:33 pm

I think we like to identify our characters with certain tribes. So it would be easy to say that there are different tribes, but I agree, why not combine tribes?
I think the Go-Backs would like to join the Spotted Pwas, because they seem simular in where they lived.
Plainelfes might join the Wolfriders or other way around?
Bearriders could join the forest of the Wolfriders, but.... bears and wolves? Don't know if the animals would like that Wink

Heidi did make us a great map of the Crossing Paths Holt in which each tribe has its own Holt...
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan on Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:14 pm

ShineBright wrote:

Heidi did make us a great map of the Crossing Paths Holt in which each tribe has its own Holt...

Actually, in my design there is just one Holt. But this Holt contains elves from many backgrounds, who prefer different kinds of dwellings. So there are separate areas with tree dens, huts, cave dens and so on, and each elf or family can choose where they live. So where they'd like to live is maybe even more relevant than what tribe they originally came from. It might be a good idea to add 'dwelling area' to the profile... assuming that we are still going with my map and background story.

Also in my background story plan, there is no limit to tribes elves can come from. Crossing Paths would not be an area of full tribes, but rather an area where loners and wanderers from various tribes have come together to make a new 'patchwork' community. As to who would lead such a mismatched crowd - perhaps that would be something we should settle in the roleplay itself? Play through a situation where elves from various backgrounds try to convince others why they should be elected chief?

Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineBright on Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:55 pm

I am sorry, but as I understood it, we were creating a new Holt, I didn't know you had the Holt envisioned already.
Because on the FBpage I haven't read about that, only that we needed to figure out what we wanted for this Holt.
Then the call or cry came up, what would be a good idea to get elfes from all tribes come to this place....

I don't want to step on any ones toes or hurt someones feelings, but I really didn't know about all of this....

Many of us had a character belonging to a tribe (in rp or not), like ShineBright has been a Loner/Wanderer almost all her life.

And when I saw the map, it looked like there were different tribes living in the same area, but not in the same holt, (sea, forest, mountain) so that is why I thought of different playing areas.... but I rather have that the elfes live close too, in 1 holt or at least a few minutes apart...
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:03 pm

Ah, so that's where the confusion is... the facebook group was named 'creating a new Holt' because we were creating a new forum for roleplay. In my vision... which seems to be just mine... there would be room for tribes and loners and wanderers... just that when they arrive to Crossing Paths they would find someone already there... because in my version the 'call' wasn't an one-moment event but a constant pull. Elves - either alone or in groups - would have been migrating towards that pull for centuries... *sigh* I've tried to explain it but obviously I'm a failure.

Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineBright on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:15 pm

Yes, most of us thought you meant the Call Sunstream made....
That is why I suggested the cry.
But.... here is a thought!

The cry was the strongest where Rayek took the Palace, because, as I understood (storywise) that is where the High Ones first entered the atmosphere of the WoTM...., but because of the betrayal of the Trolls they were slung back in time......
Why not make it so that the Plainelfes felt the cry/call the first, but it was a memory of the magic of the Palace. Pulled toward this place they migrated there, only to find old dwellings of tribes who left, because they didn't want to wait any more.....?
Then the cry came, making the memory of the Palace strong again, strong enough for some elfes to go and find the Palace again or at least where is had been... and they find the Plainelfes instead. Some will decide to stay, others will leave again??

Just a thought to mix all ideas into one?
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:29 pm

You might have something there, Shinebright. Very Happy I have been requested to post my Holt history suggestion in a new topic, so I've done so. If it doesn't get support, we will have to think of another story, and it might resemble what you said just now.
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineBright on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:31 pm

I think we must find a mix of all the ideas! Because I do like what you are writing, I was just confused Wink
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Post by Fefe4WS4DS4FB on Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:27 am

I agree with Shinebrite in her last statement too, I like your ideas and I personally think you are too hard on yourself. I think we are just ppl not understanding or maybe also not understanding things correctly yet due to FB messages not letting us know stuff been posted and such or RL keeping ppl away from the new info then they miss reading something b4 they post, etc... Hang in there Leanan, you are being heard ^___~ Wink. I like your ideas too. It just may be a bit of time b4 we can all catch up to your great ideas. Hugs.

Fefe4WS4DS4FB

Location : In cheshirecat's dreams or sometimes, Atlanta, N-Ga, USA

http://lilbluspiderbohemian.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum