Plains elves?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Plains elves?

Post by Leanan on Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:23 pm

I have read the description of Plains elves and there is a problem. Two of my characters were approved by admin and added to the Plains elves section, but their background doesn't match the description - which was posted after they were approved by admin. Ideally, I would like it to be possible for there to be more than one kind of plains elves. If that is not possible, I would like to request them to be moved to the Loners section. Only as a last resort I might be able to make some changes to make them fit the Plains elves section, but I'd rather not do that and I should not have to. They were already approved by admin, after all.

Which brings to mind another problem with Stonescroll and Grassroot. I have listed in their profiles that they've been at Crossing Paths for a long time... but now it seems Crossing Paths might not have a history at all, and only newcomer characters would be accepted. Where does that leave me with these two characters? Neutral
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Re: Plains elves?

Post by Admin on Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:12 pm

The history is still under construction!
I asked on  FB who wanted to make the history/ background on the tribes, but only fefe gave me some idea for her Spotted Paws and Steve would give me some info on the Bearriders. So I slowly started gathering info on google onnwhat is know about the Plainelfes. Basically they are elfes who live on the plains.... Wink
But as I said it is still under construction. We could make it that they split from the Wolfriders and met other elfes.

Maybe you can make a background for them? Or give me some ideas as to what your plainelfes look like?

As to your elfes being in Crossing Paths already, here is a thought...
I don't think all the elfes will arrive at the same time. On foot it could be years before elfes would arrive.
The plainelfes could have been close enough to be their first?
Still, we need to decide what the history will be....

Admin
Admin

http://crossingpathsholt.actieforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan on Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:20 pm

I confess I have missed much of the discussions on facebook due to real life issues at the time... Embarassed

The thing with Stonescroll and Grassroot is that they've been at Crossing Paths for centuries... and not just them but a community of others, for whose benefit the Stone Scroll was created. Otherwise the story of their profiles just doesn't make sense.

I really don't understand, still, why we can't have an existing tribe at Crossing Paths? Lots of Holts start with an existing tribe at an existing location.

I shall attempt to put together some additional background for the plains elves.
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:04 pm

I am sorry, I must have misread.
But in Stonescroll's bio I read they went on a journey to find the Palace, but instead the found old dwellings. I haven't read that they found other elfes living there.....

But this is the 'problem' with excisting characters and backgrounds, who have to be incorperated in a freshly starting holt... the backgrounds may not be the same and will need tweaking on both sides.

It looks to me as if you have the history of this holt in your head already, but it wasn't clear to me what you wanted....
Maybe if you post your ideas in the forum (seperate thread) we all can read it and comment on it, maybe we can find common grounds on what you think and what the others who have joined so far think?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:13 pm

You have indeed misread me... this is what I wrote in Stonescroll's profile:

@Leanan wrote:They set forth and journeyed far and wide, until they came to Crossing Paths. Those dwelling there at that time - much fewer than there are now - informed them that the Palace was gone from the world, and its return was uncertain.

I said 'those dwelling there', meaning elves who lived there.

I shall make a new thread and try to make it clearer. Sorry. Embarassed
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:36 pm

Ah, see!! I knew there was a misunderstanding!
But I rather have us discuss things and clarify our ideas!

I saw you made a new thread. I will not comment there, but leave the discussion to the members!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fefe4WS4DS4FB on Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:32 am

@Leanan wrote:I have read the description of Plains elves and there is a problem. Two of my characters were approved by admin and added to the Plains elves section, but their background doesn't match the description - which was posted after they were approved by admin. Ideally, I would like it to be possible for there to be more than one kind of plains elves. If that is not possible, I would like to request them to be moved to the Loners section. Only as a last resort I might be able to make some changes to make them fit the Plains elves section, but I'd rather not do that and I should not have to. They were already approved by admin, after all.

Which brings to mind another problem with Stonescroll and Grassroot. I have listed in their profiles that they've been at Crossing Paths for a long time... but now it seems Crossing Paths might not have a history at all, and only newcomer characters would be accepted. Where does that leave me with these two characters? Neutral

I like your ideas, but only red this post so far in my catching up since clicking this thread stream.
I was thinking that I like the diff Planes runners since my elf Faunbrook (I keep wanting to call him Azolar, but that's not his name like I had first thought)...is half Spotted Paw and half Planes runner.
The only planes runners I know of since realizing Teir is one, is they are Go-back heritage, but I like mixing things up for story and contrast to make things a tad more playable as well as interesting but while keeping with the EQ story line closely if not cannon.
I have not yet posted the CIS for my half blood elder, Faunbrook, but I will once my head is more clear. (Been up all night) Hey, this makes me think also, what are the tribes allowed to be PR's? Great question.
Becasue, what should that other half of his blood be? I had not thought that far yet. Thanks a bunch for this. I must read on to see what the answer, if any yet...

Fefe4WS4DS4FB

Location : In cheshirecat's dreams or sometimes, Atlanta, N-Ga, USA

http://lilbluspiderbohemian.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24

Back to top Go down

Post by Fefe4WS4DS4FB on Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:38 am

@Leanan wrote:I confess I have missed much of the discussions on facebook due to real life issues at the time... Embarassed

The thing with Stonescroll and Grassroot is that they've been at Crossing Paths for centuries... and not just them but a community of others, for whose benefit the Stone Scroll was created. Otherwise the story of their profiles just doesn't make sense.

I really don't understand, still, why we can't have an existing tribe at Crossing Paths? Lots of Holts start with an existing tribe at an existing location.

I shall attempt to put together some additional background for the plains elves.

Fefe says in the back ground as she watches the magic happen...."I like this. This is good. the plan is coming together! Keep it brewing! Awesome! I love watching that spark of an idea in collaboration burn brighter and brighter till a flame is struck! Beautiful magic ~^____,^~

Fefe4WS4DS4FB

Back to top Go down

Post by Fefe4WS4DS4FB on Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:43 am

I like this so far and am still catching up a lil bit at a time. I will read that thread stream when I read that far.
Keep up the good work!

Fefe4WS4DS4FB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum