Why were the elfes drawn to this place?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why were the elfes drawn to this place?

Post by Admin on Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:50 am

So, we need to figure out why the different tribes came together!

Did they hear the Cry from Beyond, the one Suntop heard in King of Broken Wheel? But when they arrived to help the unknown elfes, they were gone (Palace dissapeared to the Future) and they decided to stay to wait for them?
Or they stayed because the Cry was the strongest at this place?

Or did the answer to the Call Sunstream made, but the tribes were too late to answer it and the Palace left?

And who arrived first? Which tribe?

Admin
Admin

http://crossingpathsholt.actieforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Why were the elfes drawn to this place?

Post by ShineBright on Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:18 pm

I must confess....I like the idea of the cry the best. Hearing the cry of the High Ones is a good reason to go and search for new elfes

When we go with the Call, it means the Palace will be gone and that they must reject it..... because by now 10 years have already passed since it was first send!
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Post by Peacekeeper on Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:06 pm

Sounds like a pretty good setup to me. And an even better reason to now call this Crossroad Paths! I think the beauty and location of everything will convince them to stay put here anyway!
Peacekeeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:49 pm

A comment of a soon to be member (FeFe from Facebook!)

Hmm, good question. Was Heidi L.'s idea ever confirmed?
I think she said something about after the palace left a small bit of magic was left behind like a trace that for a short time let out a call to all in range to hear to gather? Something like that. I don't recall which post thread here it was in, but she might?

(ShineBright) Yes, she did. But nothing was really decided, so wanted to open the discussion again. Some like the idea of the Call, others of the Cry (before Rayek stole the Palace and took it into the future).....

(FeFe)Should the reason come from EQ? Or can we have a new reason?
I do like the idea of place magic left over making the call too.
I do like to keep with EQ but could any magic of some already gathered that witnessed the Palace leaving call out to others and that be why the range is restricted?
It will be neat to see what others come up with.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerlin on Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:12 pm

Personally, I like the idea of the Cry from Beyond best. The elves that came, found out because of the cry that there were more elves then just them. Wanting to help or wanting to find out who these other elves were, some were drawn to this place, feeling the general direction of the source of the cry.

By the way, are we going to work with different holts or is the place one big holt, where groups of elves settle in different locations, but there is one leader? I can imagine the Sea Elves wanting to live close to the sea, but my Sirmic won't mind where he lives as long as he is not alone anymore. The same goes for Frost.

Gerlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan on Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:36 pm

This was my original idea:

Me on facebook wrote:The idea is that the Holt would be located on an isthmus between two continents and two oceans.
Hundreds of years ago, the Palace of the High Ones was located there for a long time, and many elves felt the call of the palace, or heard about it from others, and headed there to find it, while others just happened to be passing by as it was the direct route between the continents (and between the oceans for sea-dwelling elves), and some of both kind of travellers decided to stay, and a tribe grew there.

Even after the Palace was gone, there was some trace of magic there that attracted elves.

Nobody knows where the Palace is now, and no piece of crystal remains to make it possible to contact it.

Elves have lived in the Holt for a long time. So your character doesn't have to be a new arrival, they could be born there.

With this backstory, we could accept characters from any kind of tribe/background, and it wouldn't matter if we had several of some type of magic user, as this is different from a normal tribe.

My suggestion for the name of the Holt is 'Crossing Paths Holt'.

The maps I made are based on this idea, and on the fact that some elves have been living at Crossing Paths for a long time (centuries, at least.) Also I'd like it to be possible to bring in elves from any tribe, at any point of time... not just the tribes that already have been created.
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Peacekeeper on Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:44 pm

I remember you saying this earlier.  I wondered if any magic should be left.  In any case, I like your setup Leanan.  I want to hear the others now.
Peacekeeper

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineBright on Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:46 pm

I remember you writting this too.... but... if the Palace is gone, not dissappeared, after the Call Sunstream made, why would there be so many elfes still here? The Call was made so all elfes would know and feel about the Palace and most would feel the urge to go with it.

I know you mentioned that this Holt could be on another world or timeline, but maybe that I am too hung up on the ElfQuest-timeline, but I can't shake that of... sorry...

That is why I suggested the Cry... because every elf could have felt it and might have wanted to help. But the Palace would still be a mistery to them.

Added:
Also I agree that some elfes could be there already before the others arrive, but if we are an established Holt already, I would feel like jumping in the middle of a story, taking over a role of another.....

I am sorry.... I don't want to sound negative, but I know some characters have traveled far to come to this Holt and it would be interesting to see how they interact with others for the first time.....
Am I making sense? If not, just tell me!!!
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerlin on Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:55 am

Perhaps I too, am too hung up on the EQ timeline. I find it hard to think about another world or timeline. I'm sorry.

I must say that I'm not fond of the idea of an already established holt either. I would like it more if we could start a fresh. Perhaps a few elves that have already arrived, perhaps a few moons before, and new elves coming to the place.
That's what I understood this would be, at first. But perhaps I didn't understood it the way the others meant it Smile

Gerlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan on Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:25 pm

I should clarify that by 'call of the Palace' I don't mean the 'Cry from Beyond' Suntop felt as a child. I also don't mean the 'call' that Sunstream broadcast recently in 'Final Quest'.

I mean, quite simply, the pull of the Palace itself, such as the Go-Backs felt it.
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerlin on Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:58 pm

Hm, I need to think about that a bit more. It could work, but still the Cry from Beyond works better for me as a motivator for my elves to come to Crossing Paths. As I said, I need a bit more time to think about this idea.

Gerlin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineBright on Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:31 pm

I agree, it could work.
The Cry could be a catalist for elfes to come to Crossing Paths, but the pull of the Palace could be used too. It could be a good reason to set it in another time, from before the first issue.....?
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Post by Siwan on Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:00 pm

I like the idea that the Cry brings the elves together, but to think that the Palace would be gone forever sounds a little harsh..

I mean the High One in the Palace or the Master of the Palace knows where all the other elves are, but wouldn't wait for them?

Siwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:09 pm

@ShineBright wrote:I agree, it could work.
The Cry could be a catalist for elfes to come to Crossing Paths, but the pull of the Palace could be used too. It could be a good reason to set it in another time, from before the first issue.....?

I think we should not limit our history to that of canon ElfQuest. Our world can be an alternate reality, with alternate tribes and stories and so on. I mean, we will have wolfriders... but Cutter is not and will never be their chief... nor would any other canon character appear in the background stories. This is how it's been done in a lot of holts.

@Siwan wrote:I like the idea that the Cry brings the elves together, but to think that the Palace would be gone forever sounds a little harsh..

I mean the High One in the Palace or the Master of the Palace knows where all the other elves are, but wouldn't wait for them?

Again, alternate realities. The Palace is gone... maybe because someone stole it? Our world's version of Winnowill, perhaps? But our elves will never know... where the Palace is is not important... it's just a history to explain why all these elves originally came here. Our roleplay wouldn't be about the Palace, just about elves and their lives and their problems.
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineBright on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:29 pm

We know and I agree that the canon characters can't be in this holt's history, don't even want that!!!!, but....
well... it looks to me as if you have set your mind on this, while we are still disgussing the holt, and most of us like to have it set on the EQ world as we know it.....
I don't want it to be in the same time as EQ is in now, but I am not keen on another world or alternate timeline.... I rather have it played in another time, earlier, because we have 20,000 years to cover, plenty time to choose from.....?
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:36 pm

I don't mean a different planet, or a different time. I mean a different reality. As in, alternate history. (I'm sure some of you have read books about the world as it might have been if Hitler won the war, for example). So, it's still the World of Two Moons, with elves and humans and trolls and so on... just that something went differently somewhere long ago, and the result is something that resembles canon EQ, but without the exact same characters and events.
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:42 pm

I don't think we can use the original elfes in Holts, it is just too confusing!
And our elfes shouldn't be related to or know any of them. Maybe the ones from the very distant past (the known High Ones, Timmorn), but that must be it.

As to an alternate timeline, I will leave that up for the members to discuss. As long as we will/can find some common ground to have a place here for everyone!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineBright on Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:56 pm

.... I posted an idea of a holt history.... I hope it is any good...
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Post by Fefe4WS4DS4FB on Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:35 am

Hello, I see what is happening.
Leanan wants a Twomoons with OC's and an OC's collaborated History too. If I read and understood correctly with what she means by Alt Time line.

All the tribes, the world and the ways are the same but the story line, history line, fam trees, and happenings of EQ are NOT our OC history.

Now, that being said, I think not having a EQ cannon history is cool. I agree it is like this in most new RP web based Holts. I want this too....I want the OC history like Leanan dose. just because I also from the start want this to be our new Holt, now a main stream one based on EQ history, happenings, timelines and Charas, but Our Own Original world and tribal history(ies).

So, if we can't agree, what should we do, coz I thought maybe two diff lures for our elves at first thought as some hear the call of the High Ones while others hear the distant call of the palace it's self.

Now that I have read the above comments from members, I think that might be impossible as we can't have a Cannon EQ timeline and a Original Chara History timeline, that would not make any sense to me at least.

It would mean two Web based groups. What should we do then to make everyone happy and....
Well, what do we do?

I'd like to see us come together on a working plan so we may all have no hard feelings and maybe blend ideas instead of not using the ones already mentioned.
What do you all say?

Fefe4WS4DS4FB

Location : In cheshirecat's dreams or sometimes, Atlanta, N-Ga, USA

http://lilbluspiderbohemian.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineBright on Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:04 am

Have you read my take on the history?

Because no member wants to use the Original Story, except for one or two, who have based their characters on original ones, but they are changing them to fit in this Holt. The only OC we like to use are the High Ones, the rest is forgotten or maybe even never happend.

I am not fond of a different world then EQ, because to me it wouldn't be EQ.... That is why I mixed EQ and Leanan's idea and posted it. It is the same, yet totally different! Leaving room for our own tribes and characters.
Please read it and let me know what you think!
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Post by Fefe4WS4DS4FB on Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:07 am

@ShineBright wrote:Have you read my take on the history?

Because no member wants to use the Original Story, except for one or two, who have based their characters on original ones, but they are changing them to fit in this Holt. The only OC we like to use are the High Ones, the rest is forgotten or maybe even never happend.

I am not fond of a different world then EQ, because to me it wouldn't be EQ....  That is why I mixed EQ and Leanan's idea and posted it. It is the same, yet totally different! Leaving room for our own tribes and characters.
Please read it and let me know what you think!

Oops...I thought this was that thread heh, my bad. ~^___^~ so embarrassed. Going to look there now, sorry about that.

Fefe4WS4DS4FB

Back to top Go down

Post by ShineBright on Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:15 am

Very Happy
That is ok!
Have fun reading Wink
ShineBright

Back to top Go down

Post by Fefe4WS4DS4FB on Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:54 am

Yeah, I think I got distracted and then thought I was already there, heh. Silly me. I read up there now though and posted a reply. It looks good besides the two things I wrote about and they are small things, nothing big. No worries. : D

Fefe4WS4DS4FB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum