The Swamps

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Swamps

Post by Stongbow SandStunner on Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:12 am

South of the holts near the seas was a large plot of woods half sunken into the salty brimey waters. It was hot and humid with great beasts with thick hides and long snap jaws of sharp teeth and other creatures of equal terror and danger. Here in the center of this haunting place was a small island, the center of this great beasts territory. It was rumored that a snake the size of the great trees rested and took hunt. If you made it to the center island you would find spikes coming out of the ground with skulls of humans and beasts alike.. warnings. A great pile of scales curled and coiled. It was massive in size and clearly a 'monster' in its own right. One would be so fixated on the giant snake that they may miss the rack of fresh fish gutted, scaled and drying. Or the bow and arrow that rested against a small boulder. there was also a small stone bowl and another stone used for grinding in it. Herbs and other things sat off to the side, stripped bark all on a large black pelt as if in the process of its making. Dare you approach?

Stongbow SandStunner

Back to top Go down

Re: The Swamps

Post by BlueEyedNightmare on Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:40 pm

A thick cocoon of white glossy webs it was old and yet somehow pristine. It rested near the edge of the swamp it was one long on and another rested against it with a small ball like cocoon resting on the bark of the tree at its 'shoulder'.

BlueEyedNightmare

Back to top Go down

Post by Palana on Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:59 am

Palana had made her way across the hot plains and just crossed a large river with her bond, Kabir.
Now it was time to rest.

*What a strange land this is! So much water and waterfilled soil. It makes my feet sink deep into it. We will make camp here and figure out how to cross this new land!* She didn't expected her bond to reply, because he couldn't sendtalk. But it brought her comfort that he understood!

The large big manes layed down as Palana started a small fire and undressed herself to get her clothes dry. Her tent was small, but enough for her and quick to set up.
Sitting comfortable against her friend she doozed off, warmed by Kabir and the fire.

Last edited by Palana on Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Palana

Back to top Go down

Post by Shylight on Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:18 pm

Nightsky sighed softly and looked at the swamp canopy. Depression sinking in. He couldn't see anything. Nothing but leaves. No sun, no stars. Just damp and dank swamp. He made a disgusted face as his foot once again sank into the spongy ground. He looked around for any piece of solid land where he could rest. When he saw something shimmering in the small breeze. Sky sniffed the air and recognized the smell all too well. So slowly he made his way though the swamp toward the bit of white. cocoons. Preserver cocoons! And one looked to be of possible elf size. So without thinking of consequences. He drew his sword and started cutting away at the sticky and slightly grimy strands*

Shylight

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueEyedNightmare on Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:04 am

The cocoon tore slowly and pealed away and soon russet brown fur was reavlealed along with Milky white skin and reddish brown curls. More and more of the silky fabric tugged and fell away till a small ball of yellow purple and blue stretched and yawned wings unfurling and the elf's eyes slowly opened revealing them to be a hard stone grey. He yawned and moaned trying to make sense of that was around him before he peered up at the other elf his eyes widening.

BlueEyedNightmare

Back to top Go down

Post by Shylight on Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:26 am

*Dark silver eyes went wide then sad with disappointment. When an unfamiliar face peered out from the inside of the cocoon. A preserver along with a strange elf he'd never seen before. Nightsky sighed and sat back on his heals. Cleaning off the sticky webbing from hos blade before sheathing it. He then leaned forward with another quiet sigh and helped the strange elf clear the rest of the webbing away from himself "Well.. You look like you're none the worse for wear."

Shylight

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueEyedNightmare on Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:00 pm

The grey ones peered up at him and pulled the silk from his hide vest, he looked about him and frowned his sending strong and calm *Where am I? What day is this...* The wolf next to him stretched and gave a whining yawn shaking himself of the silvery strands. Soft giggles and bright singing filled the air as the preserver flit about happily "oooooooo..... nother pretty highthing need wrapstuff from trill? make highthing and growlerthing go sleep sleep! thump thump broken cause of tall thing!"  Bra'tak turned to the preserver and gently held out his hand for 'her' to land on and smiled *hush now, we know not the dangers of this place*

BlueEyedNightmare

Back to top Go down

Post by Shylight on Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:33 pm

NightSky winced and rubbed his head. From both the sending and the preserver's singing. It had been awhile since he'd sent at all. He sighed softly and shook his head. As he helped the stranger to his feet and returned his sending* "I'm not sure of days myself. Or where we are. I'm pretty lost. I just know where in a strange place with water soaked soil and strange trees trees" He tilted his head and looked longingly at the wolf "Are you a wolfrider?" The stranger had to be. But you never knew. With all the strange things that had happened in the recent turn of the seasons.

Shylight

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueEyedNightmare on Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:53 am

Bra'tak frowned but nodded then took a deep breath and tilted his head, *I am Bra'tak, you look oddly like Skywise. He was a cub when I last saw him though, I was part of Bearclaw's tribe before I broke off with a few others, we did not... agree on things.* he was rambeling but so glad to see another elf, of wolfrider blood as far as he could tell. The preserver bolted for Nightsky's hair landing on his head to hold the silvery locks, "pretty pretty high thing! shine like night sky lights! much pretty but trill like red curly curls better" the wolf yawned again and butted into Bra'tak's hand for attention who smiled and pet him gently behind the ears.

BlueEyedNightmare

Back to top Go down

Post by Shylight on Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:14 am

"You knew my father when he was a cub??" *Nightsky's silver eyes grew brighter and wider with interest. As he listened to names he had heard as a tiny cub in howls in the rare instances that the woldriders visited the sunvilliage with the palace when he was very small* "I can't believe I found another woldfider here.. and one that knows the wolfriders I know of." He looked around the strange damp area* "I want to know more.. Hear more even about your disagreements with bearclaw. Just everything. But I think we should find a safer area to do it.. Also hunt for food. If there is any to be had in this dank area" *Nightsky blinked and his hand slowly went up to his hair. He winced from the trill voice of the preserver. Then smiled and shook his head. Guessing that he better get used to their company again.

Shylight

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueEyedNightmare on Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:53 am

Bra'tak's eyes widened as he peered at the other and he smiled *I will tell you what I know, I fear I only have dreamberries on me, they should still be good due to the preserver coccoon. That is Trill and my bond, Lazybones.* he gestured to the wolf who was now laying down again next to his elf not even bothered byt the second elf. He dug in his pouch and found the dreamberries and smelled the,, still as sweet and ripe as when he had picked them, he checked his axe then looked at the other elf *wow skywise had a cub, fascinating. Never thought he was the sort, though growing up changes an elf. Come we can hunt together, if trill wouldn't mind scouting* Trill rose and gave a singing call, "Oh! trill find fluffy thing for high things! Trill have good nose and eyes! trill find! trill find!" then she boilted off through the swamps to find something for them to hunt.

BlueEyedNightmare

Back to top Go down

Post by Shylight on Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:13 am

NightSky smiled happily at the sight of dream berries. "I think we should wait until after hunting to eat those." He gently stroked the wolf's ears as they talked "I had a bond jackal wolf while I was in the sun villiage. But he didn't get put into wrap stuff with me. I miss him." *Nightsky smiled wistfully then glanced at the strange elf again as he got to his feet. Following the direction that the preserver took off in* "Something tells me. Whatever that preserver finds.. Will either be really tiny.. Or really large and we'll have to fight hard to get it down.. This place looks like the kind of place that would have rather scary beasts in it"

Shylight

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueEyedNightmare on Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:03 am

The preserver suddenly came bolting back and zoomed shaking into the red curls. Bra'tak's eyes widened and he reached a hand up stroking a pretty purple wing. *Well that is not a good sign. What is a jackal wolf? I have never heard of them, only of great beasts, and birds. the strangest creature I saw where great beasts larger than my dear bond with striped fur and long teeth and claws.* he followed beside the other elf the wolf stalking slowly behind them. He was being concentrate, *I am sorry about your bond... I know the pain of loosing one. I have lost three in my life time. It is a pain, not easily forgotten*

BlueEyedNightmare

Back to top Go down

Post by Palana on Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:19 pm

Palana woke up. A sound of walking prey was close.
She saw a big striped deer, a little different then the ones who walked on the desert plains, but it would be delicious none the less.

She gestured Kabir to stay put, this would be her kill! The hide looked beautifull and she wanted a new hide to make new clothes. If her big catfriend would kill it most of the hide would be ruined.

"Whoosh, whoosh, whoosh." Three balls slung through the air, gaining speed before she released them. Her bola was aimed good and it swirled around the legs before it could run away. Sadly the deer wasn't instandly killed, so she stabbed it behind his ribs, right into it's heart. It was a clean kill, so she was pleased. No animal needed to suffer needlessly!

Kabir's interest was woken, but he knew better then to jump right onto the prey, so he waited patiently. "Would you like to have the liver? I will share with you if you help me carry it to our camp!"

Not long after they both enjoyed a piece of the liver. And Palana started to prepare and bone the kill. "I think I will roast this piece of rib! I need to think on how to cross this strange water filled land. The rest I will prepare for our journey!"

Palana

Back to top Go down

Post by Shylight on Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:41 am

Well. From what I was told. Jackal wolves came from the wolf pack that my father and the wolfriders came with. kind of merging with a friendly jackal pack near the sun villiage where I was born. The product was beasts that we could bond with almost like the wolves. I think that's how it went anyway" *NightSky rubbed the back of his neck as he looked toward the preserver as it shisked into Bra'tak's hair* "Well from that reaction.. It's either too scary out there. OR whatever the preserver found is really big and we'll have a tough time with.. Either way. For our safety. We better find out"

Shylight

Back to top Go down

Post by Palana on Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:37 pm

The roast was shizzling above the fire. Along the way she had collected nice herbs and the smell of the meat was delicious!
"I think this will be a good piece to eat! I can see the fresh falling of the bones, so it must be nearly ready!"
She knew Kabir didn't care much for her talking. As long as he was given some bone to gnaw.

His eye fell on a large chunk of leg, not much meat, but perfect to lick and gnaw. He purred and meowed impatiently.

Palana smiled. "Ah, you have been a good boy! Here you go! Enjoy, my big friend!" And she threw him the big leg.

Last edited by Palana on Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Palana

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueEyedNightmare on Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:30 pm

Bra'tak nodded and yawned lightly rubbing at his eyes smiling, *Yes I guess she saw something she did not like, lets skip that direction shall we?* he turned to the right and paused sniffing at the air. He tilted his head, *Do you smell... cooking meat?* he swore he could smell cooking meat, he hated cooked meat but it was better than no meat.

BlueEyedNightmare

Back to top Go down

Post by Palana on Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:34 pm

Palana was still busy preparing the meat, dividing the pieces for smoking or roasting.
"I think I will hang these on that large branch in my meatbag for the night." She pointed at the nearby tree, just low enough for her to reach it and high enough for other predetors, so they couldn't steal it!

"I will need to make a rack to hang the meat for smoking, I saw some downstream. Think we will stay here for a few days, my big maned friend! Might be better so we can check what the best way will be to cross this strange watery land!"

Kabir wasn't interested in what his elffriend said. He enjoyed his bone too much, though he understood that they would stay for a while and that was just fine!
He yawned loudly and stretched his paws before lying on his side to get some sleep.

Palana

Back to top Go down

Post by Shylight on Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:38 am

Nightsky sniffed the air and got a huge smile on his face* "I smell it too.. but wait.." His face fell as he followed the scent* "Let's check it out. But we should be careful. It could be humans. Though I don't see humans wanting to be in a place like this. Any more than we do." *With that, he gestured for his new friends to follow. He drew his blade and scouted along. Following the delightful smell toward it's starting point* "It's another elf look!" He smiled as he sent quietly to Bra'tak. As he saw the female elf. Then his eyes went wide and he hid as far as he could behind the gnarled torso of a tree. "There's a huge HUGE cat with her"

Shylight

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueEyedNightmare on Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:45 am

Bra'tak peered around the tree and sighed softly, **Its one of them long tooth stripers. I dealt with them before, got a mean bite to them** then he thought of an idea and pulled the preserver from his hair and sent to her gently. **alright pretty Trill how about you go see if the elf is friendly yeah?** the preserver flittered her wings and bolted for the camp and zoomed in to crash into the elf's hair and began to sing... loudly.

BlueEyedNightmare

Back to top Go down

Post by Palana on Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:04 pm

Palana felt something fly in her hair, which was as wild as the manes of Kabir. She didn't know if it was a bird or an insect... untill she heard a familiar sound! A preserver!

"Oh, little friend! Be carefull, my hair will tangle around you and you might get stuck!" She tried to grab the little preserver, but it proven too quickly
"Hahahaha, please stop! I love your singing, but not too close to my ears. Are you ready to come out my hair? I have some yummy berries for you?"

Kabir looked up when he heard the pesky sound of a preserver. He had heard it before it the place long gone. He signed and dropped down again, trying to ignore the so called singing.....

Palana

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueEyedNightmare on Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:51 pm

Trill hopped onto her hand and sang happily before coming to a close and smiling brightly flapping her large wings, "I be trill pretty high thing! I come see if nice high one for my high one! you have big stripe growler, rawr rawr rawr" she imitated cutely, "My high things tummy growl big rumble!"

Bra'tak watched the interaction and smiled **I guess she is freindly** he sent before slowly stepped from the hidden bush, his wolf friend at his side *Hello, sorry for the caution, I have lived long enough to know not all elves like other elves at first. I hope Trill is not giving you to much of an ear ache* his send warm and friendly.

BlueEyedNightmare

Back to top Go down

Post by Shylight on Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:52 pm

Night sky peeked out from behind the tree. Staying slightly behind Ba'tak as he talked to the strange female elf* **She may seem friendly. It's still the big cat that I worry about** He sent quietly. Though the smell of the cooked meat was almost more than he could bear. So he stepped forward a bit closer. "You're really willing to share with us? I'm... not really good at hunting alone.. So I haven't eaten in awhile"

Last edited by Shylight on Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Shylight

Back to top Go down

Post by Palana on Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:05 pm

"She is your friend?" Palana looked at the new elf, he had reddish brown hair and grey eyes. She had never seen that color eyes before and found it a fascinating combination. "I think she sings lovely! She reminds me of my little friends back home!"
Behind her Kabir stood up, his manes large.
But Palana signaled him to stay where he was!

A stranger! Kabir was cautioned, ready to jump when his friend gave him the signal!
But instead she gave him the calm down signal. Reluctant he sat down, but he would keep a close eye on the stranger!

In the corner of her eyes she saw Kabir sitting down. **This is good folk! Easy!**

"I am sorry, my bond is very protective of me. Why don't you join me! I have a rib on the fire and if you want something else I have fresh meat too!" Palana pointed at the sack hanging on the treebranch.
"My name is Palana and I come from the hot plains far away from here."

Behind a tree another elf appeared. She hadn't met many elves on her journey and now two! This one had hair with the color of shining silver, she felt an urge to touch it....
"I have been travelling alone for many full moons and am used to hunt alone. Although... alone... my sweet Kabir helped me a lot!"

At the same time Palana pointed at him, he decided to roll on his back. He had no interest anymore in the new arrivals and only hoped the little flying bug would stop singing.

"You don't need to worry! I have raised him since he was a little kitten and he sees me as his packleader.... He thinks elves are his pack and will protect you if needed!" Palana knew many didn't believe her at first and she couldn't blame them.

Palana

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueEyedNightmare on Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:51 pm

Bra'tak glanced back at his traveling companion and whistled gently and his wolf bond took up stand next to the younger elf panting lightly, *I do not fear your long mane. I have fought many in the past and know how to handle them*

He was looking her over then ran fingers through his face fur, though however little he had, only a little about his ears and a tuft on his chin. *Her name is Trill and I Bra'tak* then he gestured to the elf with him, *My bond Lazybones, and my companion* his sending paused... the other had not mentioned his name.

BlueEyedNightmare

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum